Tycoon Talk Forum Rules
Tycoon Talk (part of the Freelancer.com Network) is the number 1 forum for building businesses online. We encourage all users to contribute high value and engage in meaningful conversations as we continually grow and keep Tycoon Talk a leading site and top forum for online business owners.
In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, we ask that you read the entire forum rules. Your use of the discussion forums will constitute your agreement to comply with these rules:
- Each member is allowed to have only one account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- All members must have more than 10 posts before they can PM other members. Note: You can receive message and reply to messages, you just cannot send new ones.
- Search for similar topics before posting.
- Spam, meaningless threads, empty posts, short, irrelevant, non-sense posts will be removed.
- Short, multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- No Flames or trolling of any kind against a member, or group of members. Member issues must be taken up directly and not publicly in the forum. There is NO exception for this. If you are a long-standing member, act like one. Lead by example and assist other newer members rather than attacking them. We look upon our veteran members to use this opportunity to teach the new members the appropriate way to use these message boards. Please treat newcomers to the forums with respect, and new members should treat everyone else the same way.
- Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts—12-24 hours is the standard.
- No “necroposting” or posting and bumping year old threads. These threads have served their purpose when they were active.
- No Affiliate/Referral links. Affiliate links give posters an unfair advantage over others. As well, affiliate links may lead to false representation simply in the effort to gain a lead or referral. Affiliate links are allowed in certain circumstances (see the section on signatures) although any and all links may be modified or deleted at the discretion of TycoonTalk staffs.
- Posts or links to adult sites or any sites that are sexual in nature and or offensive are not allowed. All adult links will be deleted. Posts or links to illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- No profanity should be used. We reserve the right to remove/edit offensive posts without notice.
- Forums are English Only. Post in another language will be deleted.
- Discussing Administrator or Moderator actions in public is also not permitted. We reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules.
- To maintain a high quality content, discussion moderators may remove messages which stray from the topic or do not contribute new ideas. Posts in a particular forum must stay on topic. We welcome most general conversations in the General Discussion forum.
- No Avatar, Custom Title and/or Username changing abuse. Usernames and images that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws will be removed.
- Posts that are blatantly breaking the terms of Freelancer.com will be deleted. Tycoon Talk rules supplement Freelancer.com Terms of Service.
- Posts that are support-related or account specific to Freelancer.com will be deleted. Keep in mind that there will be NO Freelancer.com support offered through the forums. Do not make customer service requests on the forums as they will be deleted. There is a proper venue for support. General inquiries are welcome.
New to the forum? We've put together a few tips and tricks to help you along.
The signature is your personal space to use for favorite quotes and your website etc.
The maximum number of lines is 3 with a maximum text size of 2. The line count includes empty lines for spacing.
Signatures can have a maximum of 4 links only. Adult, casino, warez, pharmacy and affiliate links are not allowed. You can only promote your own sites and domains.
Images & Scripts
Images and/or scripts are not allowed in signatures.
The text in your signature must abide by all rules and be non-offensive to the other members.
We reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not abused or disrupted in any way. Anyone who violates these rules may have their access privileges removed without warning. Anything not expressly covered in these rules is subject to an Administrator approval and is final.
We continually are improving how we moderate in order to manage Tycoon Talk the best we can. We reserve the right to update and modify these rules. If you have any questions or problems, you can post in the Confidential Talk..
Tycoon Talk is a great place to make friends from all over the world, share ideas, learn from the forum experts and be part of a massive online community. Have a great time posting and we look forward to your feedback.
To report misconduct of a moderator, please contact any Administrator.
For concerns, inquiries or to contact the Moderators, please post in the Confidential Talk.
To read on how to close an account, please follow this link.
Disclaimer: All contents, information, discussions and opinions reflect the views of individual participants/members only. Tycoon Talk, its Staff and its owner company bear no legal liability for discussion outcomes.
Tycoon Talk is part of FREELANCER INTERNATIONAL PTY LTD